Our children are the future of our society and the world on the whole. And while you might not realize the importance of ensuring a proper diet and lifestyle for your children, it is one of the most important things that are going to heavily influence their life in the future. Having a healthy body and mind is critical to achieving success and leading a cheerful and enriching life. And this is where children health comes into the picture.
Ensuring your child’s well-being across his developmental milestones
- Right from the time a child is born he or she is exposed to microorganisms and environmental hazards with negative impacts on their body and mind. Having said that it is absolutely essential to take good care of their health and well-being so that they grow up with strong and robust immune systems.
- Getting your child vaccinated according to a professional prescribed vaccination schedule alone is enough to keep him protected from a host of dangerous ailments including tuberculosis and hepatitis B.
- Since kids in their early childhood are regularly reported with having immature immune systems, it is important to ensure that they are given a nutritious diet to replenish their body’s everyday nutrient demands.
- Once your child begins with his school life, he or she becomes more prone to contracting infectious diseases such as common colds, flu due to more exposure to sick people. so on. It is important to inculcate healthy hygiene habits (such as washing hand before meals) in your child to ensure that his exposure to potential microbes is minimized.
- You must also encourage your child to participate in physical activities such as sports and dance in the school to make them realize the importance of regular exercise and fitness. Studies indicate that children who indulge in some kind of regular physical activity in their early years develop stronger bones and muscles and are likely to grow up into healthy and fit adults.
Apart from ensuring the physical well-being of your kid, children’s health also involves taking good care of their psychological health and helping them cope with typical issues such as:
- Peer pressure
- Parental conflict
- Low self-confidence
- Academic Stress
- Body image issues
- Social Anxiety
By keeping an open environment within your family and allowing adequate room for your kids to approach you in times of crisis, you can easily ensure their physical and mental well-being.
In addition to the health of the women and children in our society, there are a variety of medical branches that we cater to. Here are a few of them.
A branch of medicine that deals with the endocrine system, endocrinology involves maintaining and restoring the secretion of hormones within the body. It also deals with treating a number of associated health issues such as growth impairment, slow metabolism, impaired tissue function, poor digestion and so on.
There is a plethora of ailments such as tumor growth, bone disorder, organ failure, kidney stones and other chronic illnesses or severe injuries that cannot be treated by medicine alone and require a surgical intervention.
Internal medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of life-threatening multi-system diseases such as cancer, AIDS, coronary heart diseases, diabetes, hypertension and so on.
Diseases that involve the circulatory system and especially the heart are termed as cardiovascular diseases. Some of the most common cardiovascular diseases include coronary artery diseases, myocardial infarction, stroke, hypertension, heart failure and so on.
Dealing with the disorders and impairments of the nervous system, neurology involves the diagnosis and treatment of all kinds of diseases associated with the central and peripheral neurological network. From migraines, Parkinson’s disease, to epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s diseases.
One of the most common disorders that regularly inflict people nowadays owing to their fast-paced lifestyles, inadequate nutrition, and limited physical activity are those concerned with the branch of orthopedics. Both men and women regularly experience weakened bones and ligaments that tend to get injured easily and complain of knee pain, dislocations and torn cartilages, foot pain.
How would you feel if we told you that you could derive countless health benefits just by sipping your favorite cup of tea every day! Well here is a list of some of the most nutrient dense and incredibly healthy tea types that you can add to your regular diet and enjoy a plethora of medicinal benefits without putting in much effort. Have a look!
Slimming Tea Mix
This magical concoction not only combines the incredible health benefits of all kinds of teas but also tastes better in general. In addition to this, the slimming tea mix also consists of a higher concentration of antioxidants and is more effective in boosting metabolism for the purpose of healthy weight loss.
A luscious black-green tea, the Oolong offers a myriad of health benefits such as boosting metabolism encouraging weight loss, reduction in cholesterol, stimulation of mental alertness, enhancing digestion, promoting healthy hair growth, suppressing allergic reactions of the skin and much more!
An herb used by people across several centuries, the chamomile tea is world renowned for its medicinal properties for healthy skin and hair. Apart from this, chamomile tea is also highly effective in boosting immunity, maintaining blood glucose levels, alleviating ulcer pain, treating hemorrhoids and irritable bowel syndrome.
Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, green tea has been known to have powerful healing effects on the body. Some of the other health benefits include promoting weight loss, improving brain function and even lowering the risk of cancer!
Some of the most popular health benefits of white tea include reduced risk of cardiovascular disorder and cancer and also improvement of general oral health and hygiene. It also has plenty of antioxidants that protect the skin from UV damage and delay its natural aging process.
With negligible levels of tannin and caffeine, rooibos tea is known to be one of the healthiest tea types with high levels of vitamins and minerals to maintain your physical and mental well-being. A few of its numerous medicinal uses include treating insomnia, nagging headaches, eczema, asthma, hypertension, allergies, bone weakness and premature aging.
Some of the innumerable health benefits of drinking black tea include treatment for high cholesterol, diarrhea, tooth decay, digestive problems, asthma, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation and low concentration levels.